Wednesday, August 09, 2006

 

Back to the Drawing Board

Today's post will be a Bite Club page from the upcoming issue #5 of Bite Club: Vampire Crime Unit. Nothing special, just an example of my process.


First, I do a thumbnail breakdown of the page on the script pages as I read the script. From there, I do a more tightly rendered version of the page (above), about 2" x 3". I do these breakdowns in batches of about 5-6 at a time and submit them to my editor, Shelly Bond. After her approval or suggestions, I go to the full size pencil art.


Here is the pencil art on 11" x 17" paper. I stuck pretty close to the original layout. This page is a bit rougher than I normally do (even when inking myself) because of time constraints. Actually, I really don't need to go tighter than this, but I tend to anyway when I have the time.


I scan the pencil page and print it out as cyan on smooth DC comic stock paper. I don't like to ink on original pencils because I hate to erase pages. I also use various types of pens when I ink, and some don't stay fast when an eraser is put down. The page will be scanned and cleaned up in Adobe Photoshop. Here I will also drop in any patterns or lettering, like the grid on the ceiling and the '8' on the eightball. Above is the final page that will be loaded as a bitmapped image onto DC's FTP site.

And done.

Comments:
For instance, the cut of your cheap wedding dress summer wedding dress may not show much of your neckline. Or perhaps summer wedding dress your hair will hide your ears – and earrings. Or if your summer wedding dress
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?